Before you install version 8, make a backup file of your database on
another hard drive or on a CD, just in case something goes wrong!

I did not follow the steps in the install procedure, but have it
working<G>. Version 8 installs in a different area if you follow the
standard install steps. Quite easy. Version 7 will still run, but do not
use it!

Just install version 8 then go through the normal operations. The menus
are much different, and I dislike many of those changes, but can adapt.

At your direction, it can search for and find existing Legacy files on
your computer and convert them to version 8, and will also find gedcom
files. Be sure you select your latest files if you have more than one. I
have many databases and that has caused me some problems in the past.

The new options for media re-linking and copying the media files to one
location in the Legacy folder is a good idea, but not working correctly
for me yet.

Jay