If you use the same settings each time for your merges, and mark the
non-matches as such using the icon in the bottom right corner, they will
not come up again as possible matches. Be sure you look at the spouses
and children, dates and places, to help decide if you have a match, also
the notes, events, etc.

Never merge unless quite sure they are the same person!!!

Sometimes I add a note saying who I merged, why, and when, and by whom=me.

I use the option to add conflicting info to events quite often.

Jay