Kathy,

Did you happen to stop the merge process, then start it again? That can
cause some problems.

Also, there could be a glitch in the Legacy software, so you need to
report it to Support. I had some sources duplicated by Legacy inserting
normally hidden formatting code into text in notes and other places. It
appeared to happen with only one revision of Legacy 7.5. A soon as the
source notes are opened, the rogue formatting code disappears, so it is
only visible in the preview. It was a lot of work to open all the
duplicate sources, which removed the visible formatting code, and then
use the new option to merge duplicate sources.

Jay Ingalls