On 25 May 2014 10:14, Cathy Pinner wrote:

> You surely aren't suggesting entering an Age at Death event for everyone
> since it can already be added to output.

No. With the later GRO Death Registrations (I have no experience of non-UK
shenanigans), an age is given. An Age at Death event could be generated from
that. Alternatively, generate a Death  Registration event and record the age
there. This has the advantage that when an actual Death Certificate is obtained,
a second age can be recorded, leaving the automatically calculated age (on the
Individual's window) to be calculated using the Death Date.

Without an event of some kind, age at death can not be determined unless you
have two dates: birth or baptism and death or burial. Even then, the accuracy of
this calculation is always going to give rise to one problem or another.
Baptisms do not necessarily occur near the time of birth. Burials may not happen
within an acceptable period of death - coroner's inquests can be notorious for
this.

Given the database tables structure of the family file, it's a fairly simple
programming task (for those that can) to generate an Age at Death event. At
least, it would be for me :-)

--
Regards, Mike Fry
Johannesburg