From: Brian/Support <br...@legacyfamilytree.com>
To: legacyusergroup <legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 11:51 am
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Showing Half Children

You are not doing anything wrong, 1/2 children show only when they are
linked to one of the two people who are spouses in the current family view.

Only 2 children show with the first wife because they are the only
children linked to that couple (children of wives 2 and 3 are not 1/2
kids here).
When the second wife is selected only the two children linked to him
show (from this I assume he and the second wife had no children together
and she has no children from another marriage). They show as 1/2 kids
because the second wife is not their parent.
The 5 children show with the third spouse because three children are
linked to the third spouse and two are linked to him.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

On 23 Sep 2014 9:45 AM, Howlanddavisii wrote:
> LUGgers:
>
>      I am doing something wrong but I cannot figure out what.  I have added
two additional wives to a collateral ancestor.  He had two children by his first
wife and his third wife had three children by her first marriage.  If I have the
father and his first wife, only their two children show.  When the father and
his second wife show in the Family View, only his two children by the first wife
show as 1/2 children.  When the father and his third wife show in the Family
view, all five children show as 1/2 children.  Why don't all five children show
with each wife with the 1/2 as needed?
>       I am using LFT v8.0.0.427; would going to .439 help, do I need to do
something else or do I need to do both?