I use Danish characters from my std set of fonts.  Windows allows you to make
changes to different language keyboards.  The language bar settings are on the
right side of the Task Bar.  It takes one keystroke to toggle between English
and Danish.

My grandfather is Hans Jørgen Hansen, from Rudjkøbing, Denmark.  Note the "ø"
in Jørgen and Rudjkøbing, that is from toggling to Danish.  Those spellings and
characters are OK in Legacy 8.   I made personal notes on how to do this, will
see if I can locate them and provide here.

Bob Hansen