Great!  Very helpful, thanks.

Barton

From: Marnie Oakes [mailto:marnie_oa...@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 1, 2015 11:47 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] county formation question

According to Animap, Big Stone Gap was in Lee County in 1849.  I'd use that as
your ancestor's birthplace.  I'd also put a
description of the county changes in the location notes in Legacy so that you
will know where to look for records.
 Animap is a bit awkward to use, but the info is useful.
Hope this helps.
Marnie