Honestly, I never generate married names for women.  If I find a Mrs. Somebody
Surname, I create an individual with just a surname as her husband.

 I also choose the most common or most correct form of a surname to use for the
whole family. In most records in the US my family shows up as Acunia, although
all their personal documents and signatures show the spelling of Acuna.  I use
Acuna for all of them.

I deal with all the name variations within the sources by recording the actual
spelling in each record.

The only times I use the alternate names are:

1. for a true AKA (grandpa Giuseppe Lo Forte has an AKA of Vito Spiarto added
to his death certificate along with his correct name)

2. For a nickname that shows up in records as regularly as his true name
(Smiley Acuna was named in the newspaper as having had a daughter born to him.)

Just my 2 cents worth.

Anne