Cathy,

I understand, but there are times when only a year is known for an event and it
doesn't sort well "chronologically" with other events that year that have a
more specific date.

Consider the following excerpt from a Chronology View from a person who
happened to show up in two censuses for one year:

22      1850    Occupation:     farmer.  Columbia, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Residence-Occupant:      (Hamilton P. Cole).  Columbia,
Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Residence-Occupant:      (Newton Americus Morgan).  Winfield,
Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Occupation:     farmer.  Winfield, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      Jul 4, 1850     Marriage:       Hanna Theresa Morgan (1834-1916) in
Winfield, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      Jul 19, 1850    Census-Household Member:        1850 US (Hamilton P.
Cole).  Columbia, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      Aug 30, 1850    Census-Household Member:        1850 US (Newton
Americus Morgan).  Winfield, Herkimer, New York, USA.

These events are manually sorted as follows, which I find more visually
appealing:

22      Jul 4, 1850     Marriage:       Hanna Theresa Morgan (1834-1916) in
Winfield, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Occupation:     farmer.  Columbia, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Residence-Occupant:      (Hamilton P. Cole).  Columbia,
Herkimer, New York, USA
22      Jul 19, 1850    Census-Household Member:        1850 US (Hamilton P.
Cole).  Columbia, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Occupation:     farmer.  Winfield, Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      1850    Residence-Occupant:      (Newton Americus Morgan).  Winfield,
Herkimer, New York, USA.
22      Aug 30, 1850    Census-Household Member:        1850 US (Newton
Americus Morgan).  Winfield, Herkimer, New York, USA.

Donald Quigley
Escondido, CA
Quigley Doyle Family Tree