Just think of it this way,  We used to have all of our good videos on VHS
tape,  Or even farther back where I started 8MM film.
Can you now playback either of these formats now?

So I was just trying to say that If all of your media is JPG. for example
its will be far easier in the future to convert to whatever the "current"
media will be.

Ian

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Linda Greethurst <llg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Ian Macaulay <macau...@icmac.ca> wrote:
>
>> Better to stick with basics and have the capability to mass convert if
>> required.
>

> ​Ian, I don't understand this sentence.
>
> Bear with me please, basically, I am a hardcopy type of person - paper
> doesn't need to be constantly updated.  And Legacy is a fantastic program
> for managing my data.  But I don't depend on/trust my computer so I make
> good use of Reports.  But they don't print videos!
>
> ​So I have this video which explains/shows my dad's occupation and I now
> have it on my computer and linked in Legacy.  I have to do more to it
> occasionally in the future to keep it view-able?
>
> Are there other Legacy users confused with this or is it just me?
>
> Linda​
>

> --

> Archives at:

  ICMac Sales:     Hobby consultant (1986r.)
Office hours:   10:00 Am - 5:00 PM  most days
              Macaulay Genealogy
                 Family Matters
      Ian Macaulay    of Carp, Ontario