On 20 Feb 2017 at 16:23, Cathy Pinner wrote:

> I very rarely to never these days import a file into my real file.
> But I'd never do it direct. Always to a new Legacy file and check it
> over and clean it up there.
> Just the way I and many others work.

Neither do I.

I was just pointing out that it is possible, because I tried it out, not with
my main file. I had one Legacy file someone had sent me, and three PAF files
relating to different surnames from Cornwall.

I saved the original Legacy file as Cornwall.fdb, and then imported the three
PAF files directly into that, and it worked. It isn't my main file and it is
not even the original file that was sent to me, but a copy of it.

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: sha...@dunelm.org.uk