that is the eternal "lumper" vs "splitter" debate that many have had and
you can probably find discussion of on various boards. For my part I am a
lumper and I use the 1920 US Census as a master source (I do make the
distinction of where I got it) and then change it up in detail for the
locations and households. Others use the specific census in the specific
location as the master source and the detail is just the household.

Question - what did you do before and how did it work for you? Give it some
thought, watch the videos that reference master sources and decide for
yourself how you want to approach your master sources.

Tessa