Hi David,

I made a copy to the Legacy 8 directory.  Legacy 9 uses the v8 file and
converts it to the new format.  I then renamed the legacy8 file and was able to
open it with Legacy 8.  However, I did not copy the rest of the user files so
Legacy 8 opened with some of the attributes of v9. So, yes, Legacy 9 will
install to the same directory (and no warnings or options).

However, it begs the question, why would you want Legacy 8 after upgrading to
v9.  The look and ‘feel’ of v9 is the same as v8 so I don’t see any reason to
preserve v8.  I did it so I could go back to v8 to assist others that had not
upgraded. I don’t think that’s necessary as v9 is basically the same with a few
enhanced features (and a couple of bug fixes!)

After I upgraded to v9 even 99%+ of my settings were the same and my file even
opened up to the last person viewed.

No need to look back!

Bob Austen