David,
There is a problem with the Legacy Cloud (I think there still is) so untick that if it is ticked.

If you still get this error, contacting support is your best option after checking that you don't have Legacy FamilySearch or Legacy Charting open or even Legacy 7.5 though that is likely a different file with the same name?

You may still be negotiating the change in Default locations for data and media if you were using the Legacy 7.5 defaults. It was the changes to the defaults that allows 7.5 and 8 or 9 to be installed at the same time. Legacy 9 overwrites Legacy 8. (Legacy 7 overwrote Legacy 6 unless computer literate people changed the defaults.)

Cathy

David Dearth wrote:

I have just recently upgraded to Legacy V9 from V7.5. So far I am
loving the program. However, I am getting error 3045 every time I
exit. The exact wording is "Backup of Family File has failed. Error
3045: Could not use ....\Dearth.fdb'; file already in use. Would you
like to TRY IT AGAIN?". Answering yes repeatedly results in the same
message. It is set to backup everytime I exit. Of course it is still
in use, I am looking at the Legacy screen when it is backing up (or
trying to back up).

Also, uploading to the Legacy Cloud also fails. It seems to backup ok,
then shows 'disconnected' then a failure message.

I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.

Perhaps I am missing something. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Dearth

David Dearth <mailto:deart...@hotmail.com>
Sunday, 23 April 2017 4:18 AM