Marion,

The websites have to provide an API (Application Programming Interface) in order for the Hints to be provided. These 4 are the only ones to have done that.

Note that the Hints can be helpful by alerting you to the existence of a source even if you don't have a subscription. MyHeritage Record Match hints are often to the FamilySearch databases so you can go there and search for it.

FamilySearch hints on the other hand are not coming from their databases but from data they have hinted to their FamilySearch tree (and only then if you have
entered the FamilySearch ID in Legacy).

Also there are free days on many subscription websites so you can take note their are Hints you want to follow up and make the most of that free time. At least I know FindMyPast and Ancestry have free days regularly.

Note in Legacy 8 and 9 (and earlier versions) you can initiate a search for the current person on any site you like. Some searches are provided but you can add your own. Internet - Search Internet.

Cathy

marion wimsett wrote:

On the Hints section I see there are 4 sites checked, including Find
My Past. May I ask is it possible to add to the list (eg by adding
Ancestry) or changing one of the other sites? I have a subscription to
FMP and Ancestry but there is a limit to how many subscriptions I have
in any one year.

Just curious at this stage - have yet to take the leap from 8!

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Marion