I also suggest you read the help about intellishare. That is a feature built into Legacy which will simplify your merging since both files started out the same. Intellishare will automatically merge all the3 duplicates whose information is exactly the same. That will reduce your workload to sorting out only those who have differing information (presumably these are the ones you made changes to in one or the other file.

There is an article in the help on sharing your research which explains the steps needed to merge two files using the intellishare option.

Before you start I would create a new file with a new name and import both copies into that file. That will preserve your originals in case you make a major error during the merge/cleanup. If you do, you can delete the working file and start over by importing the files again.

Brian Kelly