I also have used Legacy for years after trying every genealogy program in
the market, as well as some that no longer exist. In my opinion the
corporate concept that "bigger id better" was born from either sheer greed
or total ignorance. My first voyage into the online data posting was with
Rootsweb, because it vowed to always "remain free." Then along comes
Ancestry and they gobble up Rootsweb, adding their databases to Ancestry
World Tree. I know this to be a fact as beginner errors in my original
Rootsweb Gedcom have transferred over to the Ancestry database.

And now along comes MyHeritage and they "merge" with Millennia, which is
likely a quaint euphemism for "buy everything you got" including and
especially their programmers..The handwriting on the wall reads "open your
wallet" as we're going *a la carte..*

I quit using Family Tree Maker due to their corporate greed in making sure
each new version was incompatible with earlier versions, thus forcing you
to buy the next upgrade. And now Jack has his thumb in Legacy's plumb pie
and I wonder how long it will take before all prices go up.

Last but not least, it was but two weeks ago that I had to vehemently
protest to MyHeritage and one of its contributors about data posted on
their site concerning my "living" relatives. They did remove it but there
is no telling how long it was there and who may or may not have downloaded
it. While many sites do remove details about living persons, they do NOT
remove their names; none of the online databases that I know do this - but
they should! As any decent genealogist and/or identity thief knows, it's
not that difficult to find all sorts of information about a person given
their parents and siblings names.

There had better be a sure-fire way to "opt out" of any automatic grabbing
of any Legacy data by MyHeritage or I will be looking for yet another
genealogy program.

Worried