Why install a different program,  go through various steps to export, result in
maybe some missing data/info,  have different tools and menus and layouts,
etc.?
Just install free Legacy, send the file as is (no export needed), and open the
file?   No cost, nothing lost, same tools to guide them through any questions.

-------- Original message --------From: Mary Leek <ml...@comcast.net> Date:
8/11/17  1:11 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Legacy User Group'
<legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How best to share my
database
Leonard, I got a clean import of my data to AQ by choosing export to GEDCOM,
then using the Legacy destination (I think this is the default showing when you
get to this screen).  I  UNTICKED:  keep embedded formatting codes within text–
(if left ticked, odd characters surround some words in AQ. It looks like where
I’ve bolded something in a note or title and AQ doesn’t recognize the
formatting codes). I kept ticked:  Override Source options – include all source
information.  Now click on  Customize On this screen I ticked to EXCLUDE:
Address/PhoneChild statusMedical NotesResearch NotesTo do items (I use the
Research notes heavily and I don’t know if you can exclude them from reports in
AG so I didn’t include them in my export. They will import if you want to
include those. The Medical Notes I don’t use for that purpose. If you use that
field, let me know and I’ll do a test to see how they are treated in AQ) Click
on OK and Select Filename and start export Using these settings, my notes and
photos are included in the import to AQ and all expected information looks in
place after import. Of course, if you use photos, you would need to send a
folder with those maintained in the same folder structure and your recipient
would need to place that folder in exactly the same location on their hard
drive in order for the photo paths to be recognized. I get a boatload of errors
but looking through them, it is tags and associations in Legacy that AQ doesn’t
know what to do with so are thrown out. Example: child relationship where I set
a child as biological for one parent and step child for the other parent.
Cremation tag isn’t recognized in AG, at least in the lite version. The vitals
information is correct, just doesn’t indicate a cremation. If I used a
Cremation event, that would be recognized as all of my events appear to have
been imported properly. Phone numbers and addresses in some fields are seen as
errors by AQ.  Other items in the errors log are the tags, which I use
extensively in Legacy. AQ doesn’t know what to do with those so they are
discarded and reported as an error.  All major information in my Legacy
database appears to me to be recognized and placed in proper fields in AQ. I
didn’t include my Research Notes as I use that note field heavily and in the
lite version of AQ, I don’t see a way of excluding those from reports or Family
Group Sheets. They clutter a printed report so I just excluded them for export
testing purposes. You may wish to share your research notes. I don’t know if
the full version of AQ allows for excluding those when printing text reports.
The lite version does not. I tried other GEDCOM settings by removing or adding
items but surprisingly, the settings mentioned above give me the best, cleanest
AQ import. If you’d like to see an example of what a report looks like, where
events and photos are included, I’d be happy to print, scan and attach as a pdf
to an email. Since I only have the lite version of AQ, it doesn't appear I can
actually save a report directly to a PDF file. I understand you are wanting the
notes content to be exported. Using the settings above, all of my notes were
recognized by AG. I must mention I do not use the Birth, Death, Burial notes
fields accessed at the end of the vitals fields. If you do and want to know if
they export and import OK, I’ll set up a little test to see how they are
handled. I do change Burial to Cremate, where appropriate and that tag isn’t
recognized by AQ. Please let me know if I can try something else or help with
further testing. Mary   From: LegacyUserGroup