Backup you Legacy files, then:
Run CHKDSK /F from a command prompt.
The system will state it cannot lock the drive, and ask if you want to run
it at start up. Say "Y" and reboot.
It can take a while so do it when you don't need the computer.
When it is done try the clean and repair.
It is possible you have a bad sector on your disk, which could hang the
repair process.
Run it a couple of times, the defragment your disk.
Hope it helps.

Gene