​​
Sherry,

CyberCyberActiveX and Hexagora are two companies that have software that
would fix this problem without a rewrite of Legacy.  Hexagora states:

"The Unicode Library for VB6 is a robust and lightweight API driven ActiveX
component that will permit you to turn your VB6 programs into fully Unicode
(UTF16) applications.  Using this complete set of usercontrols and classes
you'll be able to modernize the look&feel of your programs permitting them
to use Unicode data and files."

Have
​ ​
your programmers looked into using this?

Gene,

I use other Western European letters
​ ​
with a superscript to a note.  For example:

Maĉisak is instead written Mac²isak with the following note:

†  "c²" represents a c with the circumflex diacritic.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Gene Wheeler [Masked] <