I am not a member and do not have a tree on Ancestry but my first question to you would be if there is a place in Ancestry.com events for a note? Even if Legacy exports a note for an event if there is no place in Ancestry.com trees where that can be saved then the note will not be imported by Ancestry.

A second question would be what settings you are using when you create the GEDCOM in Legacy for upload to Ancestry. Are Event Notes turned on?

Brian Kelly