Roxanne,

If you are using Windows 10, you are encountering this problem with the Legacy search even though the article refers to the Media Relinker, it's the same problem.
<http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-01061/11/Error-Messages-Problems/Media-relinker-Freezing-crashing.html>

Either follow the instructions in this article OR use Windows File Explorer and search for *.fdb files there or just click the Start button and type .fdb and Windows 10 will start finding them. To see more click the Headers like Documents in the list shown.

Cathy

Roxanne Cummings-Basey wrote:

Hello - suddenly my Legacy 9.0 does not find my fdb files. I do the
search for it to create a list for me - but after finding 2 files it
shuts down - error. Can I re-install the Legacy program and do you
think that would help? An HP tech was here working on my laptop last
week and possibly that caused some sort of problem. Somewhat
concerning though.
Thank you,
Roxanne Basey