2 GB Ram is no longer adequate for windows, Yes it will run but not well
and  it will limit what you can have running simultaneously.

The size of  The legacy file will also be a factor.

Ian

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 11:57 PM, Ian Thomas <il.tho...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I don’t have any problems “losing access to Legacy Family Tree”, but have
> 3 quite different machines running Windows 10 and all have had the 1803
> Update. Not one problem with Legacy can be attributed to Windows 10 in all
> its versions since I installed it in place of Windows 8 (and prior to that,
> Windows 7).
>

> Just to show how different (and “old”) these computers are -
>
> #1 - Asus Transformer tablet (2016 release) – 2GB RAM, 64-bit Intel Atom
> CPU 1.33GHz, touch screen, 64GB SSD drive and a 32GB SD memory card, 32-bit
> Windows 10 Home
>
> #2 - Dell Latitude laptop, (about 2013 release), Intel Core i5 CPU,  8Gb
> RAM, 250GB HDD, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro
>
> #3 - Asus m/b,  AMD 3.0 GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, multiple HDD,
> Windows 10 64-bit -  self-built in 2012
>

> But long ago (6 or 7 years ago) I removed all non-Windows anti-malware /
> anti-virus software, previously using AVG, McAfee, and Norton with prior
> versions of Windows on various computers other than the above.
>
> I am very happy with the Windows Defender Security – and recommended the
> same to many clients in the years prior to the release of Windows 8, 8.1,
> 10.
>
> Clients and friends have had various problems with the commercial
> anti-virus programs. That may be the fault of those users rather than
> Symantec/Norton, AVG, McAfee etc etc – but I can only speak for my
> experience and it is all positive with the Microsoft-supplied, free,
> automatically updated anti-malware system.
>

> Having said all that, the latest Windows 10 Update does have problems with
> excessive power use with a couple of new solid state drives – a Toshiba one
> and an Intel one. That will be fixed – and afaik it only affects the number
> of hours that computers with those specific SSDs can remain on, before
> shutting down. It does not affect the behaviour of software like Legacy.
>

> Ian Thomas
>
> Albert Park, Victoria 3206 Australia

  ICMac Sales:     Hobby consultant (1986r.)
Office hours:   10:00 Am - 5:00 PM  most days
              Macaulay Genealogy
                 Family Matters
      Ian Macaulay    of Carp, Ontario