I would suggest that you try a few of Legacy reports and see if any of those
can be used.  I would recommend using only about 3 - 4 generations to see what
the output will look like.

Recommend you try Ancestor Book, Ancestors chart, family group sheet,
chronology report with various timeline (wars, presidents), family picture tree
(4 gen), migration report, origins report, scrapbook, and a Descendant Book
report.

If some of those work for you, then you can combine the reports in the
Publishing Center and organize your book chapters in the Publisher.

Legacy does and excellent job of sourcing and Foot Noting as well as location
and indexing your reports.

You have options when writing a book to either do Ancestors or Descendants.  I
have found it best to write the book as Descendants of a few keep Ancestors
alone parents or grandparents lines.  You can so a multiple descendant book
that works great in the Publisher along with other chapters included.

I have written 5 genealogy books of over 300 pages and published as a hard
bound cover.  If you are interested, I have an outline of how to publish a book
using Legacy.

Good luck!

Chap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯