I am wondering whether this problem with the new Bing interface is related to
the problem of Legacy not being able to accept data which uses Unicode
characters, which most programs in this 21st century can, even Windows Notepad.
I have raised the Unicode issue several times with Legacy in the past and have
been told that it is because of the underlying database they use, and would
require a major re-write of Legacy to fix, so, is unlikely to happen.

Legacy is an excellent and very capable genealogical program, but, unlike other
popular genie programs, has this major weakness of not being able to support a
wide range of characters in the data you enter. For example, I have ancestors
in Hungary, but cannot enter names and places with their correct spelling
because the English-speaking version of Legacy will not accept Eastern European
characters, such as u-double-acute. It will accept only characters from the
Western European character set. (Legacy versions in other languages would
accept characters in their language of course, but only from the one respective
256-character set ("code page"). But this is only one aspect of not being able
to operate in a Unicode environment.

So, are we going to get a band-aid mapping facility, or is Millennia/MyHeritage
going to bite the bullet and fix Legacy properly for the 21st century, or are
they going to eventually fob us off on to MyHeritage's Family Tree Builder? At
least that program can exist in a Unicode environment. Millennia's "Customer
Service" certainly leaves its loyal users in the dark. Very sad. Come on
Millennia, take your loyal users into your confidence - you might even end up
losing less that way, if that's what you're scared of.

If you want to be totally depressed, check out this admittedly 2017 in-depth
review of Legacy's situation:
https://www.tamurajones.net/MyHeritageBuysMilennnia.xhtml
Let's hope she's wrong.

Peter Matthews