Jack,
If you are saying you have moved your Windows Documents and Pictures folders into One Drive, Legacy will start using that Documents folder as its default folder. You can tell if this is happening by going to the ...\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData\usr\ folder and look at the contents in the Detailed View. If you do this after opening and closing Legacy, you'll find some with the modified date of today. If you just have duplicate folders in One Drive then the settings folder that is updating will still be in the official Windows Documents folder as the only way to change its location is to properly move Documents (which One Drive *may* do for you). ...\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData\ folder. Otherwise you can have your media and data wherever you like provided you tell Legacy where it is at Options > Customise 6.1 and 6.2 and at 1.2 if you use the option to point to a particular file in a particular folder to be opened.

Cathy

Jack Reynolds <mailto:daisy....@comcast.net>
Friday, 23 August 2019 3:12 AM
Thanks very much Chris, my thinking on how to do it was way off. After I read your email and knew what to look for using your description I looked at past tips on Legacy and there it was on 16 July 2019 news letter. Your email was very important to me. I didn’t want to guess on how to do it and mess things up.
Thanks again
John Reynolds
*From:* Chris Hill
*Sent:* Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:52 AM
*To:* Legacy User Group
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy Family Files Folder in new location
Hi
    In Options - section 6 will allow you to specify where Legacy will expect to locate the family and media files. It will expect that the location is accessed via a drive letter.     That would seem to be to X:\Users\....\OneDrive\...., or to X:\Users\....\Google Drive\..... if using that. This should work perfectly but be aware that Microsoft and Google will need time to sync the files across to their cloud before it can be accessed from another PC.     Other cloud solutions which expect direct access to the cloud rather than a local copy would not work this way, unless you can manage to get a network mapping to it, and can live with the performance issues.
Regards
Chris