Gail,
Holly has given you excellent method of transferring the media to the new computer but missed one helpful setting.

It does help to have Options-Customise 6.2 set to the top media folder on each computer and check on your Windows 7 computer whether in the Media Folder Master List all folders start with [Default Media Folder]\ If they don't, no problem but you may want to make sure the media is all in the same folder or in a sub-folders of that folder. You can use the Tools > Gather Media to gather strays into the folder listed at 6.2 You can access the Master List either from 6.2 or View > Master Lists > Media Folder list. If it isn't using [Default Media Folder]\ for the common part of the paths, you can use Search > Search and Replace on the Media Folders to change that common path to the code. When they're using the code, on the new computer, once you've copied over your Media and put it where you want it, you just have to set 6.2 and the media is all linked.

But do follow Holly's advice. Once you have transferred, only use the Win 10 computer for Legacy so you don't have to do it all again. If you haven't read any articles on using and customising Windows 10, you may want to do that. Google is your friend. Take control of the Start Menu so it shows what you want and not the junk that is there when you get a new computer. Check out particularly the Update Settings so that you control when Windows restarts with an update ...

Transferring Media using the Media backup does make sure you take all the media provided you don't have paths that are longer than 260 characters (from drive letter to the end of the file extension), but extracting from the zip, which you do manually, recreates the whole path from the drive so usually includes folders, particularly a user folder, that aren't on your new computer and you then need to move the media by moving the first folder with media actually in it and the sub-folders in it out of those newly created folders to where you want it. Then tell Legacy where it is.

I keep my Legacy media in Dropbox so once I've connected Dropbox to a new computer, I just have to set the path at 6.2 in Legacy to the Dropbox folder and all my media is relinked.

Cathy

Holly Nelson <mailto:holly.nelson1...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 7 September 2019 1:45 AM
I am not the expert that Cathy is, but here is what I did.  I put the media files from the old computer (I had more than one file) on a usb stick and copied to the place I wanted them in legacy on the new one.  Then I ran the "media relinker" on the new computer.  It did a remarkable job, and then notified me of the missing media files, which I found on the old computer and transferred to the new one the same way.  After you get that done, you want to use the new computer for all additions, so you don't have to somehow link everything again!

Hope that makes sense.  Best of luck in the transfer!

Holly

Gail Morrow <mailto:olivanna...@gmail.com>
Friday, 6 September 2019 11:56 PM
Thank you Cathy Pinner for your reply to my query of 4 Sep.

I am not so good at describing issues so hope this makes it clearer.

I have two laptops... one with windows 10 and one with windows 7 . Trying to get used to W10  but not there just yet. I mostly work on the windows 7 laptop for Legacy, but have it installed on both laptops. The data file plus the media file is not as up to date on Window 10  as the other laptop.

I believe W7 laptop is going to quit working so am trying to get things transferred to other laptop. I don't have trouble with backups or using usb's etc..  I have many newer additions to the media file and don't know how to replace the media file on Windows 10 with the one from  Windows 7 laptop.
I hope this is clearer then before but if not I apologize in advance.

Gail Morrow

F B <mailto:clownpu...@outlook.com>
Thursday, 5 September 2019 9:22 AM

Cathy P I have it down finely and after use on my old Lab Top Now I have it on my new Lab Top But I have not found how to pay for  it yet so a old Man would say I still need help I guess. Even my bold Legacy still works. I am hopeing that Since I use Trend Micro no more Hacking on Both of my Lab Tops. Except

The Old one has a lot of more Information then the new. And I do not know how to import the other all the way from 2013 any help would be great. When you get to be 90 years old it is harder to remember what I learn 2013 and you and Geoff have help me many times And Thanks you and Goff too .