Roberta,
I was just responding to your comment: "And with couples putting off childbirth until later on, that message will pop up more and more often." Early to mid 1900s people were likely using birth control. I have mine set to stop checking after 1930 and sometimes think I should set it earlier. They may have been using methods of birth control earlier as they were around but I'd think of fertility issues and miscarriages first for the earlier centuries. Just because earlier methods weren't 100% reliable, doesn't mean they weren't used and weren't successful.

Cathy

Roberta Schwalm <mailto:robertaschw...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 17 September 2019 9:37 AM
Cathy, the ones where that message pops are way before birth control.  Like in the 1700s, 1800s and early to mid-1900s.

In any event, I am hardly getting that message anymore.

Cathy Pinner <mailto:genea...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 17 September 2019 9:13 AM
Roberta,

If you set your gaps settings correctly then the message about child born too late after marriage will NOT pop up more and more often. There is a place to put a date for when you think your families started using birth control and the gaps are no longer checked. You can also just omit living people from the check.

Cathy

Roberta Schwalm <mailto:robertaschw...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 17 September 2019 4:48 AM
That is what I do!  😊

Juergen Amling <mailto:j...@juergenamling.com>
Tuesday, 17 September 2019 2:19 AM
You can change the settings in the Tools menu for the potential problems under “Gaps”

Sent from my iPhone