Ronald,
It's some time since I've seen this reported. I haven't been able to reproduce it and other testers haven't either but my hunch is it's caused by a mismatch between the date formats in your Windows Regional settings and the short date format in Legacy.  eg your regional setting is MM/DD/YYYY but you can enter dates in Legacy DD MM YYYY and it is recognised correctly. (you don't have to enter dates in the format that they are displayed. My dates show as 25 Jan 2020 but I enter it as 25 1 2020. When one of the first two numbers is over 12, it doesn't seem to matter which order you put the numbers in but it does if they less. is 5 6 1790  5 June or 6 May?  For me it is 5 June but my regional setting is DD/MM/YYYY

However one tester who did see it said it went away when he changed the fonts in Options > Customise 10.1 back to Legacy defaults (you can try this by right clicking the header line at that option and choosing Legacy default. This changes just this setting back to defaults).

If that doesn't solve it I suggest you contact Support and they may be able to make progress in finding the cause of this.

Cathy
Roberta Schwalm <mailto:robertaschw...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 25 January 2020 9:01 AM
It should come out as 15 Jul 1852.  I have noticed that if I enter July 15, 1852, the software automatically changes it to 15 Jul 1852.

Roberta Schwalm

Ronald Plaisted <mailto:cornvillescrol...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 25 January 2020 5:38 AM
the date is 15 July 1852

Noddie <mailto:7thwav...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 25 January 2020 4:42 AM
It depends On the format you are using.
Think you typed ??-12-1951
I may be mistaken but the date format is
21 Aug 1951 as an example
Gwen

Ronald Plaisted <mailto:cornvillescrol...@gmail.com>
Saturday, 25 January 2020 2:12 AM
When I do an internet search the first two digits in the date field are not pulled in