A quick caution with duplicate children - some duplicates are real. For
example, when the first name dies an infant, the name might be reused with
a later child. Otherwise merge them is the better option since it gives you
an opportunity to collect all information fields vs. deleting a person and
losing something.

JTF
Gmail account