Ian,

I hope you make your OCR corrections on Trove and then copy and paste the OCR'd text to your Legacy event note etc. What file are you talking about? I mostly don't download the file for the newspaper article or page. If I do, I use an image format and link it to the Event. The URL, newspaper etc is in the Source attached to the Newspaper event or the relevant data field if it was a birth notice etc.

Cathy

Ian Thomas wrote:

This is probably a general question.
Those Australian and NZ papers are made available via "Trove" and "Papers Past". Apart from confirming or obtaining dates, relationships, places etc from the articles, I always transcribe the full text into plain-text files, correcting bad OCR. And I always record with the transcribed text, the URL and the newspaper name/issue/date and subject. I'm wondering if I should attach those files in Legacy, and what is the best way.
I don't research UK or USA newspapers.

I.L. Thomas
Victoria Park, Western Australia