Thomas,

If you don't have a scanner, consider your mobile phone camera. You can probably get a good "scan" with that. There are apps that help the process of scanning with a phone or you can just take a picture.

Cathy
Jenny M Benson <mailto:ge...@cedarbank.me.uk>
Wednesday, 3 June 2020 8:23 PM

You will need to scan the photo.  Have you got (or got access to) a scanner?

Having scanned it, you can easily add a caption using software such as IrfanView.  Normally, one would wish to scan at a high resolution and save without compression, but if you are going to e-mail this image you don't want it to be too big, so scan at a lower resolution and save as a .jpg.

Thomas Cox <mailto:cayuse...@comcast.net>
Wednesday, 3 June 2020 8:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to print a "stand alone" photograph (with caption), from the family photograph album to send to a family member by email.  I can't seem to work out the process.  I would appreciate any help from anyone who has a suggestion on how I can accomplish creating this photograph for mailing.

Thank you,

Thomas Cox