When windows 10 is set to display window contents when moving or sizing Legacy is asked to redraw its window each time the size changes. Legacy has to find the data to display for that redraw. For some people this means that Legacy redraws its window at the "old" size before the resizing. To the user it looks like the screen is snapping back to the original size.

1. Turning off the Windows setting to show contents lets the window resize before Windows asks Legacy to redraw. Since Legacy is not continually looking for data to display there is no interruption of the resizing and the redraw takes place when the window is at the new size.

2. Minimizing the current view in Legacy means only the outer frame is redrawn but not all the family data for the view. Since there is no data to find Legacy can redraw this while the resizing is ongoing so the resize can proceed.

Brian Kelly