You cannot install Legacy on any portable drive then take the drive to another computer. Legacy installs a number of files in the computer Windows System folder so it will only run if it has been installed on that machine.

You may however keep your family data and media files on a flash drive if you wish. I keep my master files and associated media on a Flash drive but I also keep regular backups on my computer hard drive in case that flash drive becomes unusable (they do have a limited life especially when used frequently for Input and Output something which Legacy does because it is continually saving data and reading data to fill out the screens you use). I also make a backup copy of my working Flash Drive frequently.

If you plan to use that flash drive on another computer you will need to make sure it uses the same drive letter on both machines. Legacy uses a full path when referencing media so the media references include the drive letter where they are stored. changing the drive letter of the flash drive will cause Legacy to lose track of the media.

Brian Kelly
Rockland, ON, Canada