>From Help: To reach the Child List, click the Child Settings icon  in the
upper-right corner of the Child section on the Family View.  You can also
right-click on a child's name on the Family View and then choose Children's
Settings.

Changing the Sequence of Children

As children are added to a family, Legacy places them in chronological
order according to their birthdates. If no birthdate is included, the child
is placed at the end of the list. If you want to change this order,
highlight the child whose name you want to move and then use the up and
down Order arrows in the lower right corner to move the name within the
list.

Charles Hunt