[FirstHe/she] entered into a [-Eventname] with [Desc] [ondate] in [place]

Not sure if I got the replaceable text field names correct but you can use the correct ones to get a sentence reading "Jane entered into a civil partnership with Sally Ride on 16 Mar 2021 in Swindon, Wiltshire, England. In a list of Events the sentences will alternate the person's first name with He or She based on gender of the person. That gives a little variation to break up the monotony.

Brian Kelly