Thank you so much for this Jenny. I have no idea why everything is where it is
nor how it all got there.

Cheers from Valerie

-----Original Message-----
From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of
Jenny M Benson
Sent: Sunday, 16 May 2021 7:51 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] HELP please - was - RE: Error 9: Subscript out of
range, HELP please

On 16/05/2021 04:52, vbgar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Some of these .ged’s do not appear in the list when you try and File –
> Open but with File – import there are some there as well as some folders.

When you want to Open or Import a file, which option are you using - "Select
the file using the Windows dialog box" or "Have Legacy create a list of files
to choose from"?

Personally, I prefer to use the first one, but I think my files are very
well-organized and I usually know exactly where I want to look for a particular
file.  I think it might be helpful to you to put all your Gedcoms into one
folder, then look at each one and decide what you want to do with it.

I would also look at the other files - text documents, Word documents, Excel
spreadsheets and so on and make a list of them with a description of what each
one contains, then perhaps gather them into one or two folders and make a note
of where you saved them.

Once you know what's what and where it is you can have Legacy open each Gedcom
in turn (remember to use File>Import for Gedcoms) and create a new file.  When
you are happy with the contents of the files you can start to merge them.  If I
were you I would try and concentrate on one particular branch of your family to
start with and get that organized before you move on.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK