Linda,

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm following quite what you have done.

I don't think you can link to the photos within the media backup zip using the Media Relinker. I hope you can't.

Is the Media Relinker telling you still you have 71 missing photos? If so, perhaps you need to extract from the backup zip that has them in it. Use Windows File Explore to extract all and it will put them where they were. No that won't remove the new pictures. As Henry says, you'll only have a problem if some of the file names are the same.

Do a new media backup AFTER the Media Relinker tells you that all files are linked - no broken links - not before. This new media backup will take the place of the ones you have. Make sure you backup to an external drive or a folder that syncs to the cloud or you haven't really got a backup. A backup on your hard drive is useless if your computer fails, especially if it is the hard drive that fails.

The other reason that photos aren't in the media backup is that the path has got too long. Though it sounds as if you haven't rearranged your photos. The path from drive letter to the end of the file extension has to be less than 260 characters. But there is some interaction with the number of folder layers as well, so it's best to keep it under 200 characters. C:\Users\Cathy\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Media\image.jpg  is 59 characters.

You have actually checked that there really is only one family file? Many people who believe they only have one family file discover that they actually have more than one and didn't realise.

Regards,
Cathy

hpeterj...@cox.net wrote:

Linda

I know Cathy will respond…

But Unless you have re-used the filename nothing will be over-written.
Although you (may) have to relink.

Just put all the media in the same location from now on to avoid media
issues.

  * Suggestion (even keep a separate folder with duplicates. Just
    don’t link to the duplicate location files from within Legacy.
  * I don this because I have over 29,000 images with redundant
    duplicate copies for backup.

Good Luck

p.s. Remember to backup

Kind Regards