You'll just have to experiment and work it out.
C.

vbgart...@bigpond.com <mailto:vbgart...@bigpond.com>
Monday, 12 September 2022 12:05

IN the past I have uploaded my MyHeritage Legacy 1Whole … tree to Ancestry, MyHeritage and FMP and then brought these trees back to MyHeritage and back again etc etc. AFTER finding out that it was not a good idea.

I now need to find the BEST of ALL my 1Whole .. trees, to have as my only MyHeritage tree of my direct family ie 1Whole …. Tree.

That is why I need to know what is changed or lost after an upload to be able to compare.

For example what is the most likely to be changed

Do both types of notes finish up with the person in their notes ?

I have hugh number of notes and events per person – are they lost ?

I jsust need a criteria to work from and if it is not there in a copy then I have to go back one more copy until I find THAT ONE which will be the start of my Heritade 1Whole family tree never to go anywhere AGAIN

*From:*LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> *On Behalf Of *Cathy Pinner
*Sent:* Sunday, 11 September 2022 7:12 PM
*To:* Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Uploading Legacy to FMP and/or Ancestry

Valerie,
What are you trying to do?

Ancestry etc online trees don't have all the fields for data that Legacy has and even when they do, they don't use a Gedcom the same way.  eg uploading to Ancestry - Notes don't go in a public field and are put all in the one Notes field. Event notes turn up as unnamed citations, ...

It's not a good idea to upload to an online tree, add data to the online tree and then expect to download it again to your Legacy database. Far too much cleanup. It's actually quicker to double enter data in an online tree and in Legacy. You can use Ancestry tags to keep track of what you need to enter into your Legacy database.

Cathy

vbgart...@bigpond.com <mailto:vbgart...@bigpond.com> wrote:

vbgart...@bigpond.com <mailto:vbgart...@bigpond.com>
Sunday, 11 September 2022 15:01

When uploading Legacy to FMP and/or Ancestry what do I loose when I then upload it back to  FMP or Ancestry