Win 11 may be the problem.  When you start legacy from a reboot there are
all kinds of background services running they take time and can slow down
an opening.
Does this happen from a cold or when the computer has been running a while?

There seems to be with win 11, more jobs completed in the background than
previous loads.
I often get the cmd windows flashing after the legacy splash page has come
up.

Just guessing,  No claim to knowledge

 I have a date problem,  Legacy crashes the first time I ask for a date
search each session.  But works fine on the second program boot.

--
  ICMac Sales:     Hobby consultant (1986r.)
Office hours:   10:00 Am - 5:00 PM  most days