Ian,
Legacy will give refunds for webinar subscriptions that were just renewed.

Everyone needs to be clear that Webinars are available on a subscription but Legacy is a one off purchase for a particular version. When a new version is released there is an upgrade price.

As I said earlier in this thread, from posts in the Facebook group, it seems many people don't realise or forget that they bought the program and a webinar subscription together. It's just the webinar subscription that is being renewed. Normally an email is sent but emails don't always arrive for a variety of reasons, so it's a good idea to keep track of subscriptions in other ways or go into your account settings and turn off auto renewal. Check whether this cancels your sub immediately or whether you can still use it to the end of the subscription time.

Unless finances are very tight, I don't know why you'd do genealogy and not have a webinar subscription as continuing genealogy education is important and the Legacy Webinars are the cheapest way to polish your skills and learn new ones.

Cathy
Ian Macaulay <mailto:macau...@icmac.ca>
Sunday, 3 December 2023 7:51 AM
I  think that is how it works,  You have to  quit from them  before they do a renew.

--
  ICMac Sales:     Hobby consultant (1986r.)
Office hours:   10:00 Am - 5:00 PM  most days

E. Nadeau <mailto:nade...@hotmail.com>
Saturday, 2 December 2023 10:36 AM
Good evening,

An acquaintance shared with me a question about billing.

She purchased Legacy about 2½ years ago using a credit card. Today she noticed that Legacy has just taken on her credit card, an amount equivalent to that of the initial purchase, without prior information, without request for authorization, or any communication.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation?

Thank you for your help,

/Estelle Nadeau/
nade...@hotmail.com