On 15-11-2023 05:02 PM, David Cripps wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I have a strange issue with a brand new Desktop computer, wherein Legacy itself
might take 20-30 seconds to load at first start of the day.
It's quite disconcerting when it happens, especially as this machine should be
(and is) an absolute flyer.

My old desktop clunker was getting a bit long in the tooth, so the guts of my
upgrade is:

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz
Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB, M.2 NVMe
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Home, Ver. 23H2, 64 bit
Legacy 9.0.0.443 with 10,000 names

I'm reaching out to see what others think of this, and I wondering the obvious
simple thing, like, is it an issue of a lack of memory ? Should I double it to
64 GB ? Or make the RAM larger ?

The re-install of Legacy went fine, and without issue, and I continue to carry
on my research, do backups, and the odd bit of editing. As I said after the
first start of Legacy, all's well, and I can work away all day if I like.

I thought there might be a slim chance this issue has been dealt with before
and resolved by a simple tweak, so I'd love to hear the technical types throw
their solutions my way.

Many thanks
David Cripps in Tasmania

--
David Cripps <cripp...@aussiebb.com.au>
Hobart, Tasmania

Hello David: Not sure if my message got through so I will send it again.
My father Roy Kemp and Ted Cripps were cousins, and I can Remember going
over to Port Franklin to go flounder fishing.
I am going back to late 1950, s so the memory is not as good as it once
was. I see you are using Legacy which is what I use. I also use the same internet provider in Aussiebb.
I have a large amount of information on computer which I am quite
willing to share with you. Do not have a lot on Cripps. I believe Dot Cripps was in foster for many years.
I have taken over researching our Family history from my sister Alma who
died two years ago.