Your best bet is to learn how to do genealogical research of your own, concentrating on your own family. Firstly, do you have you own family recorded on genealogy software either on your computer or in the cloud? I am a great believer in personal storage of my research on my own computer using the Legacy Family Software but there are subscription websites such as MyHeritage.com and Ancestry.com (which may have a local Australian branch Ancestry.co.au) which do allow subscribers to have their family tree data stored on the companies computers. Legacy Family Tree software has a free version that is very powerful and does not limit the number of records you can keep. The benefits of the paid version are the many additional features the paid version provides and it is well worth the modest cost. See LegacyFamilyTree.com to view the software features and download the free version as a trial to see if you like using the software before purchasing the paid version.

The LDS church also has a world-wide presence and is the repository for billions of online genealogical records. Their website familysearch.org also has beginner training material for those just getting started in doing genealogical research. You need a user ID and account to access their website but these are free to anyone as is access to the church-held records.

Legacy Family Tree (sponsor of this user group) also has a webinar website with many training resources, some of their webinars are free but most require a subscription/membership (less than USD 50 per year). It has even been sponsoring a series of Australian focused webinars that you may find useful.

Brian Kelly