You don't use a Detailed Search to find a person in Legacy.
The quickest way is to go to Index View. In the Surname box at the top type Surname, Given Name. it probably would show your person before you finished typing the Given Name. If you use the Given Name box, you type Given Names, Surname. Note the comma. It's unnecessary to add a space after it before the other part of the name.
The Name List search boxes work the same way.
Cathy
Gene Wheeler <mailto:bridge...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 4 June 2024 10:53 PM
Thanks, Evelyn!!

Gene

Evelyn .. <mailto:ej1...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 4 June 2024 3:19 AM
Hi Gene,
Use "starts with" instead of "equals" for given name

Happy searching!
Evelyn

Gene Wheeler <mailto:bridge...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 4 June 2024 2:19 AM
I have an ancestor named James Knox Horn. When I try to do a search and find on him in order to review his record, I search for the given name of James and the surname of Horn. It returns two individuals named Jame Horn, but no James Knox Horn. Is it supposed to work this way? If so, what is the best way to search and find James Knox Horn?

Thanks for some help!

Gene Wheeler