Gail;

I get the same thing.

Diane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gail Rich Nestor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Legacy User Group" <LegacyUserGroup@mail.millenniacorp.com>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 6:16 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] *Major* Issue with the use of the } symbol

I'm really hoping Legacy support or someone on the list has a solution to this issue for me. I just checked a will I had previously transcribed. Usually my wills start with the state and county, followed by the squiggly symbol } that you get when you hold down shift and hit the bracket ( ] ) key above the enter bar.

Now I have noticed that every single will transcription and other probate event that started with that ( } ) symbol has been blown away!!!!!!! I tested it by creating an event and typing some words before and after the }. Everything after them was gone!

Here is a sample of my data:
Georgia
Decatur County}
I John Doe of sound mind and body... -- this part is gone!

Please, please tell me there is some way to get all this back! I can't express how frustrated I am right now. Also, can someone test this to see if it applies to everyone and not just me? I tried a check/repair and closing the app. but the data did not return.

Prayerfully,
Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net
Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/