-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Carneal
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:02 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@mail.millenniacorp.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Somewhat off topic: Nad83 format vs. GPS format ? How to
convert?

This is off topic, sort of.

I have acquired some data I erroneously believed contained "GPS" formatted
longitude and latitude. It uses Nad83 format.  For example, Lawndale
California (Zip code 90260) has Nad83 latitude of 33.888172 and a Nad83
longitude of-118.348328.

The reason I included the zip code is Lawndale is two zip codes, and wanted
to be clear.

Supposedly, these can be easily converted to GPS format and a format that
Legacy can use. Does anyone have the formula for this please?

Thank you.

Robert

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip
to Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe.
Enter online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp