I am trying to figure out how to enter my sources for several obituaries taken
from files located at a state genealogical library. The obituaries have been
photocopied from different newspapers and are in loose leaf notebooks arranged
by County, then dates, and indexed on a computer.

Right now I have the Master Source as State, County, City, Name of Newspaper,
Obituary for Mrs. Jane Doe. I put the name of the newspaper again into the
title field and the publication information for the newspaper including the
date the obituary was published in the paper into the Publication Facts. I put
the repository as the genealogical society with their address. I do not have
the newspaper page number or column number as the society did not list that
information. I do have exactly where to find the copy in the society file.
Example: FO 4 p.95.

So my questions are:
1) Should I list as the Master Source the name of the newspaper as I have it
now, or should I list the Master Source as the Genealogy Society Obituary File?
2) If I list the Master Source as the Genealogy Society Obit. File, do I put
the name of the newspaper in the title field or do I put the name of the file
there again.
3) Where would the name of the newspaper go if the Master Source is the file?
In the Detail?

I looked in "Evidence" but didn't see anything that looked like it fit this
example. It seems to me the source is the newspaper, but I found the
information in the societies file. I think I have managed to really confuse
myself and this probably has a  very simple answer that I'm just not seeing. I
would appreciate any advice.

CG

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp