Hallo,

>    I'd like to propose that we make the following statement:

>    "If you publish OpenStreetMap data you can satisfy the attribution
>    requirement of the license by linking to or referencing
>    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Attribution";

But you are aware of the fact that it is not this mailing list, or the
foundation, or the majority of mappers, that can make such a statement
- it would have to be made by every single licensor.

OpenStreetMap, as a project, is not in the legal position to take away
the individual mapper's right to specify the kind of attribution *he*
wants.

I'm not saying this is good, or your idea is bad, I'm just saying I
think it is unworkable with the current license.

Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"