Can I suggest that we leave this as a question for the lawyers? We can guess
what might be a database and not be a database but they will be able to
quote case law.

FYI, I am meeting our IPR lawyer in the coming week in relation to the
proposed new OSM Licence (as drafted and as in the brief/use cases on the
wiki) in relation to ITO's business needs. I spoke to her at length today on
the subject and I am pleased to say that she appears to know a great deal
about the subject. One of the outputs from this process will be a set of
informed recommendations and observations which ITO will make available to
the OSM community and to the foundation to help in the licence drafting
process.

Regards,

Peter Miller
CEO, Ito World Ltd