Hi,

    thank you for making the December minutes available. From them I see
that you're already having your next meeting today.

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
> The licence doesn't get implemented if the vote is against its
> implementation. If that were to happen then the licence would be back on the
> drawing board and wholly open to the full discussion process again. We'd be
> no further on but at least it would have been democratically agreed.

Ah, so you're planning to hold a vote. That is a relief, it had not come
across so clearly until now. Who will be eligible to vote? What process
will be used and what outcome will be considered a "yes" outcome?

I was under the impression that you'd just put the license up and say
"agree to this or don't but we'll use it anyway and will have delete
your data if you don't agree. We can talk later but first you have to
agree". Which would of course have been hardly acceptable, hence my
questions!

Mikel's communication was a bit unclear in this respect. He said "We
want to move ahead with this draft", and "In the immediate term, the OSM
community kick starts this process by first moving to the first draft of
the ODL license", without ever saying the word "vote" or contemplating
the possibility that the community does not want to move to the license
as it is.

So the plan is

1. let lawyers do their work
2. publish results
3. allow time for people to digest/discuss/understand but not revise draft
5. hold vote on exact draft as published in 2.
6. if vote positive: implement license and ask mappers to sign up
7. if vote negative: back to the drawing board

Is that correct? Mikel?